Temporary Insurance Cover

Need temporary insurance cover?

Whether you’re letting someone borrow your car or you’re borrowing someone else’s, there comes a time when you may need to insure a car for only a short period of time. If there is already an insurance policy in place, then you could go to the trouble and expense of permanently adding named drivers, but this could put your hard earned NCB at risk.

This is why we are pleased to be able to offer our clients this fantastic solution to the short term insurance problem. We have teamed up with TemporaryCover.com to provide cost effective cover. It also doesn’t have to be a classic car, all cars and vans can be covered from 1 to 28 days. Using their simple online instant quote system you can then get cover issued immediately. The great part about having separate short term cover is should the worst happen your NCB will be unaffected.

Why would I need temporary insurance cover?

  • Lending a vehicle to a friend or relative;
  • Borrowing a vehicle from a friend or relative;
  • Test driving a vehicle;
  • Needing to share driving on a long journey;
  • Just buying a car and need immediate cover to drive away.

Who’s eligible?

  • Drivers aged between 17 and 75.
  • Full UK driving licence holders (held for a minimum of 6 months), provisional driving licence holders, and European Union licence (held for a minimum of 12 months).
  • Any person who has been resident in the UK for 12 months or more.


  • Online quote system
  • Cover for 1 to 28 days
  • Drivers aged 17 to 75


Please note: You will be directed away from the ClassicLine website to
TempCover.com for your quotation.