Whether you’re letting someone borrow your car or you’re borrowing someone else’s, there comes a time when you may need to insure a car for only a short period of time. If there is already an insurance policy in place, then you could go to the trouble and expense of permanently adding named drivers, but this could put your hard earned NCB at risk.
This is why we are pleased to be able to offer our clients this fantastic solution to the short term insurance problem. We have teamed up with GoShorty to provide cost effective cover. It also doesn’t have to be a classic car, all cars and vans can be covered from 1 to 28 days. Using their simple online instant quote system you can then get cover issued immediately. The great part about having separate short term cover is should the worst happen your NCB will be unaffected.
Why would I need temporary insurance cover?
- Lending a vehicle to a friend or relative;
- borrowing a vehicle from a friend or relative;
- driving a courtesy car;
- test driving a new car;
- van hire when moving to a new house or office;
- for a business-related journey not otherwise covered;
- for a temporary driver;
- young drivers back from university or college;
- sharing the driving on a long trip;
- emergency use – an accident or sudden illness occurs and either you or someone else needs to drive the car;
- learning to drive and for young drivers; or
- bridging a break in your annual policy before a new one begins.
- Drivers aged between 18 and 75
- Provisional, Full UK or EU/EEA driving licence holders (held for a minimum of 6 months)
- Any person who has been resident in the UK for at least 12 months
- Number of accidents, claims or losses in last 3 years must not exceed 2, regardless of fault
- Number of penalty points in last 3 years must not exceed 6
- Online quote system
- Cover can be arranged for anywhere between one hour and 28 days
- Drivers aged 18 to 75 (21 to 75 for temporary vans)
- Cover for a wide range of cars and vans
- Keeps No Claims Bonus intact